Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Peter Haney is just a city boy, born and raised in...NJ, Illinois and CA?

It was the typical school dance scene … the cafeteria was decorated with a disco ball and paper streamers.  The guys all stood around on the fringes of the dance floor trying to get up the nerve to dance. It was almost the end of the night when ‘Dont Stop Believin’!’ came blasting over the PA.  All the girls jumped up, mobbed the dance floor, clung to each other and sang along to Journey.   The guys stayed off the floor and let the girls scream and rock out to the fabled ‘last song of the night.’  Is this a flashback to my awkward freshman year of high school ?  Am I really dating myself here?


No, this was a scene from last year’s prom-themed Father Daughter Dance (and yes, I am dating myself).  It was a great night to throw on a tux and go to a school dance where there were two girls who actually wanted to dance with me.  The DJ rocked the cafeteria all night long. We had a blast doing the chicken-dance, the Macarena, and I was even on the dance floor for a Justin Bieber song (now I am not dating myself).   The volunteers did a great job in keeping the pizza and snacks coming and probably had a good laugh watching their husbands bust-a-move.


Sign up now and come join us this year for the Father Daughter Dance on Friday, April 13th: Dancing with the Dads. Waltz, foxtrot, and swing the night away! You will be in good hands as the wonderful Miss Lisa from Yellow Rose Dance (St. Clare Mom Lisa Kromminga) will be there to teach us all how to do some graceful ballroom dancing.  Dance with the stars and get your Astaire on!  It will be a night of great food, good friends and some stepped-on toes, all for $50 a family.


I promise you it will be the one night of the year where Dads will lead and daughters will have to follow! (Oh, and one other thing … ‘Hold on to that feelin’!)       
-- Peter Haney

No comments:

Post a Comment