Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Have a milkshake with Christian Troche

When I want to feel good about myself, I take my kids to their favorite Mexican restaurant. They order chicken tortillas, beans, and rice, and I order a chocolate milkshake. I love to watch the emotions pass over their faces: surprise, wonder, envy. Each time, they ask why I can have a milkshake for dinner and they cannot.  My reply comes with no small amount of self-satisfaction: "I do this because I can and because I want to."

I get the same feeling when I contribute to St. Clare’s tuition assistance programs. And so can you. Consider how wonderful the St. Clare schools really are, and the positive impact they have on you and your children. Then go to the auction, and during the tuition assistance bidding, raise your head high and your paddle higher, and give the gift of a St. Clare education to a family that could use a little help. Say to yourself, "I do this because I can and because I want to."  You will feel good about this, especially when you hit the drive-thru on the ride home for a late-night milkshake.

--Christian Troche

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Christian! I enjoyed your story! I will be donating to St.Clare School Tuition Assistance at the auction! I am truly blessed to work at such a caring and loving school!

    ReplyDelete