Monday, February 27, 2012

No excuses for Tricia Leishman

You know you only have one day left to register for the auction, right? With that in mind, Guest Blogger Tricia Leishman offers this inspirational stream of her consciousness:            
Why come to the auction?
1.    All the cool kids will be at the auction. If you want to be a "popular people," you must attend.

2.    What would St. Clare do? I think she would go to the auction. With her date Francis.
3. Peer pressure. It’s pure, it’s simple, and it works. All the Peer Mediatin’ in the world is not going to help you come up with an acceptable excuse NOT to come to the auction. Believe me. I have been trying to come up an excuse for weeks. 
Here are some of my top secretly entertained excuses, which probably should have remained secret, since I am going: 
1.    “I don’t want to get all dressed up and spend money I do not have. And spend money to do it.” My own internal guilt committee retort - You spend money every day you do not have. How about that daily Grande Soy Latte, can you afford that? Or the gym membership you barely use, can you afford that? 

2.    “My best friend, a priest, will be visiting that weekend” Like the addition of a priest would add validity to this complete FABRICATION. 

3.     “I am too fat this year to go to the auction.”  That one is true, and completely logical.

4.    “I am not starring in the auction this year.” It is hard to go from starring in something to simply doing voiceovers on the HILARIOUS technology paddle bid video. Click here to hear my moving tuition assistance paddle bid speech. I'm tearing up now.

5.    “I recently had a tragic surgical misfortune, and I am afraid I can’t lift the paddle bidding device so there is no point in my attending.” Again, true.

6.    “It’s really hard to watch people buy cakes for more money than my entire net worth.”

7.    “I am against Chinese astrology.”

No comments:

Post a Comment