Saturday, February 25, 2012

Joanie Quinn will NOT STAY SILENT

I've never lost my competitive nature.  It can be an asset when judging grocery lines and traffic lanes, and it is especially helpful at the Silent Auction.  When there is an item that I covet, and one of my St Clare friends attempts to outbid me, that's it - the gloves are off.  I don't even care who it is; it could be my own husband (yes, we do get two bid numbers, we have an open marriage like that) and I will not let go.  Letting go is for people who don't want to take things home from the Silent Auction!

I like the feel of the hunt in the Silent Auction.  I'll pace the rows and watch for just the right moment to make my move.  Some people don't take the bidding seriously and start chatting - I sneak up behind them and raise that bid.  I get a particular thrill raising bids in the last minute of the Silent.  My husband calls this maneuver "Why Did We Get All This Stuff?"  Well, I tell him,  "Honey, WE WON IT!"

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to go hunting with/against you! By the way, you made my morning...sick kid on the couch but coffee in hand and a good laugh :)

    ReplyDelete