Friday, March 9, 2012

White Diamonds are to Elizabeth Taylor as Pink Sapphires are to Joanie Quinn

As MC of the St. Clare Auction, I would like to let everyone know that I am taking this job very seriously.  I have devoted hours upon hours (this week) writing new material, honing jokes, and researching our staff and auction team (between High School/Middle School/3rd grade Basketball Tournaments, a Teacher Luncheon this week, swim lessons, French lessons, a comedy show, a Bingo-calling/Fundraiser event, an out-of-town husband, and one home haircut.)  Remember, I LIVETIRED in order to make the auction evening an entertaining one for everyone.  


Also, in preparation, I have invested more money in undergarments than outergarments.  Please compliment them that night so that I can justify this expense to my husband.


What can I say about Debbi Monahan, Nancy Melzer, Fr. Charles, or the two Dad dudes chairing this years auction?  Probably a lot - but I'm limited time-wise due to anxiousness about paddle numbers flying and lots of oral packages to move along...so don't be surprised if I slip in my hilarious jokes here and there - pay close attention, pay very close attention.  I may or may not have dirt to share.   


One of the best things about MC'ing the auction is I get to wear REAL jewels (not my plastic sparkly tiara!) during the silent auction - pink sapphire diamond earrings and necklace (donated by Kassab Jewelers, Oral Auction Package 42.)  I am honored to have some bling to swing!

Hope to see you there!!!

Joanie

No comments:

Post a Comment